Top Posts

pci express 1x video card half life 3 april fools sapphire vapor-x r9 280x tri-x what is the difference between 4gb and 8gb what is a kernel power critical error amd display driver keeps crashing sata to 6 pin adapter best lga 1150 motherboard for the money how long does it take to mine bitcoins ubuntu 14.04 vs windows 8.1 corsair 850 watt power supply what to invest 20k in apt get install software properties common molex to pcie 6 pin difference between pcie 2 and 3 disable driver signature enforcement windows 7 the promise of prediction markets how to install from ppa graphic card for pci slot dual molex to 6 pin amd drivers for windows 7 64 bit how to install a bundle file in ubuntu how much can you earn mining bitcoins msi fast boot windows 7 4 pin to 6 pin pcie adapter disable driver enforcement windows 7 4 pin molex to sata power amd driver for windows 7 how to sell bitcoins for usd sapphire r9 280x vapor x drivers what causes a pc to shut down unexpectedly sapphire r9 280x dual x oc rsps server and client download r9 290x tri x oc

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to open Catalyst Control Center without display?

michi1200michi1200 Member Posts: 3
Hi guys,

built my first eth mining rig with two RX 480 GPUs. I control my rig with teamviewer because I have no monitor which could be permanently plugged in in my rig (and I don't want to disconnect my main monitor every time to control my rig).

I want to OC my cards with CCC or Sapphire TRIXX, but catalyst control center does not open because I don't have a display plugged in the card. I get the error "radeon settings are currently not available. please try again after connecting amd graphics". It works when I plug in my monitor, but unfortunately I can't always plug in my monitor, it would take a lot of effort to always plug it out etc.. Trixx works but I can't read out clock/memory speeds and nor change them. Also I can't see the temperature of my GPU (or at least claymore miner does not show them when no display is plugged in).

Any way to let the card think a display is plugged in? Already tried connecting a hdmi cable to the card and insert the other end in the hdmi port of the Mainboard, but the mainboard is only a hdmi output so the card knows it's not a display. :( Any software maybe? I have no monitor/TV to plug in there, so that's no choice unfortunately.

Pls help me!
or to comment.