Top Posts

difference between pci express and pci sata power cable to molex pci and pci express difference what are pci slots used for display driver stopped responding and has recovered amd connect power switch to motherboard 4 pin molex to 6 pin pcie pcie to mini pcie adapter pci express power connector pinout asic miner block erupter usb display driver amdkmdap stopped responding r9 280x tri x oc teamviewer vs windows remote desktop psu with 6 pin connector amd driver stopped working and has recovered how to build an asic miner write your own bitcoin miner connect power supply to motherboard graphic card for pci slot sata to 8 pin pcie how to make your own custom rom pci express slot on motherboard display driver stopped responding and has recovered windows 8 pci slot vs pci express facts about casper the friendly ghost how to update msi bios video tdr failure nvlddmkm sys amd driver stopped responding and has recovered how to mount a motherboard 24 pin power supply pinout bronze power supply vs gold what to invest 20k in best thermal pads for gpu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bios Flash MSI RX580

SharmadhirajSharmadhiraj Member Posts: 5
I did Bios flash MSI RX580 gamingX 8gb, but the flashing got stuck at atiflash and I had to reboot my computer. On rebooting it did not read the graphics card so I thought that it would require me to format the pc (not having a technical know how) . Now I have submitted the card to the service center. Just was curious to know if they would not honor the warranty in such a case, how can I recover my card to work? There is no vbios switch, atiwinflash shows error "no rom". And with the solution, can someone please share his/her experience with bios flashing MSI RX580(particularly MSI model). And incase anyone was successful in flashing the same model, please share.

Comments

• James0James0 Member Posts: 23
    You have to use the on-board GFX, then take the back plate of GFX card, jump the bios with a wire from pin 1 to 8 then get into windows then remove the wire and flash in command prompt

coupe of my MSI cards have done that, it is due to the monitor for some reason. I found if it hangs just disconnect the monitor cable wait 2 min, reconnect and the flash would of completed.
  • pommie09pommie09 Member Posts: 40
    Using the MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X card.

Was able to successfully flash all 6. If you need Roms I will post both below, the original as well as the one that would get you at least 29 MH/s

Hope you're able to make it work! Good luck.
  • SharmadhirajSharmadhiraj Member Posts: 5
    pommie09 said:

Using the MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X card.

Was able to successfully flash all 6. If you need Roms I will post both below, the original as well as the one that would get you at least 29 MH/s

Hope you're able to make it work! Good luck.

Yes, I was able to recover the card. Thanks a lot. But I modded the bios again by copying 1:1750 to 1:2000. I am getting only 24mh/s.
    Could you please confirm that your card is Gaming X and not Gaming X plus?? And what are the settings in MSI afterburner. Please help
or to comment.