Top Posts

normal gpu temp under load how to install from ppa display driver stopped working and has recovered what is a good gpu temp 600w power supply best buy display driver crashed and recovered sapphire r9 280x vapor-x tri-x display stopped responding and has recovered what is a pcie x16 slot how much bandwidth does bitcoin mining use how to connect molex to 6 pin windows display driver stopped responding how to stop display driver from not responding amd athlon vs amd sempron jump start atx power supply msi afterburner memory clock not working disable windows 7 startup repair display driver has stopped responding and has recovered windows 7 radeon r9 290 tri x oc dell poweredge 2950 power supply youtube casper the friendly ghost display driver amd driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered no amd graphics driver is installed 4 pin to 6 pin pcie adapter how to flash msi motherboard bios bitcoin mining return on investment which pcie slot for graphics card sata to 4 pin power adapter pci express 1x video card bitcoin mining is it worth it power supply for r9 280x

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant adjust power limit through msi afterburner

ShayanTheThiefShayanTheThief Member Posts: 22
edited August 18 in Mining
Hi.
After installing the amd's newest driver for mining(blockchain workstation) I can't adjust power limit and temp limit through msi afterburner and all cards are giving about 4MH/s.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
-------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 pro 64bit
4×rx 480s
Intel pentium g4400
Asus h270f gaming
Patriot 4gb ddr4
Coolermaster v750 fm

Comments

• headshot155headshot155 Member Posts: 101
    I fixed this by not installing the AMD wattman that auto installs when you install the drivers. Go into safe mode, run DDU, then reinstall drivers and uncheck the AMX tools bit (forgotten the exact name but its the check box on the right, people are saying not to install the HDMI sound bit too but it works fine for me). MSI afterburner should work now. If youre not using an MSI card you may want to go into the afterburner settings and select a reference card.
  • BuurvrouwBuurvrouw Member Posts: 10
    Check out Options to unlock the power slider. Maybe it lies there =)
  • mtbmtb Member Posts: 19
    What version of MSI AB you are using?
    Try 4.40 beta 15 or beta 16.

By me work with beta 15.
  • ShayanTheThiefShayanTheThief Member Posts: 22

I fixed this by not installing the AMD wattman that auto installs when you install the drivers. Go into safe mode, run DDU, then reinstall drivers and uncheck the AMX tools bit (forgotten the exact name but its the check box on the right, people are saying not to install the HDMI sound bit too but it works fine for me). MSI afterburner should work now. If youre not using an MSI card you may want to go into the afterburner settings and select a reference card.

I turn all options off except "amd driver" but it wont work
    Buurvrouw said:

Check out Options to unlock the power slider. Maybe it lies there =)

It does not have any options to do that tho.
    mtb said:

What version of MSI AB you are using?
    Try 4.40 beta 15 or beta 16.

By me work with beta 15.

I used the latest beta version. Ithink it's a main problem with amd mining driver...
  • ShayanTheThiefShayanTheThief Member Posts: 22
    Today i decided to give it another try... and it worked!!! It was a problem with "msi afterburner". I fixed it by installing "4.4 beta 16" version of it. cheers
or to comment.