Currently attempting a windows build. Need help, please. Stuck with Cmake problem.

icanhasclaimsicanhasclaims Member Posts: 2
I am in the middle of building on Windows and . I am currently stuck on #2 and getting an error log for Cmake(listed below).

Any ideas?

I found this, but it is for a fix using "yum" install. I tried choco install of the same packages in the link, but those were not in the repositories.

I feel like I am really close, and honestly, surprised I got this far. Now, I just want to finish it up.

Also, I have installed MinGW to try and fix the compiler problem, but still nothing.

And, I tried making sense of this, but I don't know what goes in "path/to/your/source".

Sorry, pretty much a noob, but trying to learn as much as I can. If I have posted in the wrong forum, could you please let me know where I should post this?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Code:

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed. Compiler: Build flags: Id flags: The output was: The system cannot find the file specified Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed. Compiler: Build flags: Id flags: The output was: The system cannot find the file specified Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed. Compiler: Build flags: Id flags: The output was: The system cannot find the file specified Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed. Compiler: Build flags: Id flags: The output was: 1 Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 14.0.23107.0 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Build started 7/23/2015 5:04:31 PM. Project "C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets). PrepareForBuild: Creating directory "Debug\". C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(366,5): warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSDKDir variable from the registry. TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number. [C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj] Creating directory "Debug\CompilerIdC.tlog\". InitializeBuildStatus: Creating "Debug\CompilerIdC.tlog\unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified. ClCompile: CL.exe /c /nologo /W0 /WX- /Od /D _MBCS /Gm- /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Zc:inline /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc140.pdb" /Gd /TC /errorReport:queue CMakeCCompilerId.c TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "CL.exe". The system cannot find the file specified. [C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj] Done Building Project "C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED. Build FAILED. "C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" (default target) (1) -> (PrepareForBuild target) -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(366,5): warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSDKDir variable from the registry. TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number. [C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj] "C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" (default target) (1) -> (ClCompile target) -> TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "CL.exe". The system cannot find the file specified. [C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj] 1 Warning(s) 1 Error(s) Time Elapsed 00:00:03.07 Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed. Compiler: Build flags: Id flags: The output was: 1 Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 14.0.23107.0 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Build started 7/23/2015 5:04:35 PM. Project "C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets). PrepareForBuild: Creating directory "Debug\". C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(366,5): warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSDKDir variable from the registry. TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number. [C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj] Creating directory "Debug\CompilerIdCXX.tlog\". InitializeBuildStatus: Creating "Debug\CompilerIdCXX.tlog\unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified. ClCompile: CL.exe /c /nologo /W0 /WX- /Od /D _MBCS /Gm- /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Zc:inline /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc140.pdb" /Gd /TP /errorReport:queue CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "CL.exe". The system cannot find the file specified. [C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj] Done Building Project "C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED. Build FAILED. "C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" (default target) (1) -> (PrepareForBuild target) -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(366,5): warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSDKDir variable from the registry. TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number. [C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj] "C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" (default target) (1) -> (ClCompile target) -> TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "CL.exe". The system cannot find the file specified. [C:\Users\me\cpp-ethereum\build\CMakeFiles\3.2.3\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj] 1 Warning(s) 1 Error(s) Time Elapsed 00:00:00.35

Comments

or to comment.