Top Posts

powercolor radeon hd 7850 2gb corsair 450w vx series psu pci express x16 slot running at x16 usb 3.0 maximum cable length psu with 6 pin connector unlock voltage control msi afterburner pci express x16 extension cable amd radeon hd 6950 driver windows has stopped this device code 43 graphics card driver amd stopped responding and has recovered 128 bit vs 256 bit video card difference between pci and pci express how to exchange bitcoin for usd 4 pin molex to 6 pin pci-e external psu for graphics card do you need motherboard standoffs how to enter bios msi motherboard what is the difference between wifi and ethernet 4 pin molex to 6 pin pci express radeon r9 290 tri x oc ati radeon hd 6950 drivers display driver amd stopped responding and has recovered sapphire r9 280 dual x video card for pci slot asus z97 vs msi z97 bitcoin mining contracts worth it psu with 4 6 pin pcie 6 pin to sata power cable msi afterburner memory clock not working seasonic s12ii 620 watts psu sapphire r9 280x dual-x oc asus republic of gamers forum can you write your own contract pbt gf30 fr 17 fan

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mining using a Radeon HD 7850

JeroenDeDauwJeroenDeDauw Member Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in Mining
I have a Radeon HD 7850 card, which has 2GB of DDR5 and would like to try some mining. (Ubuntu 15.10 x64.) Looking at , it seems like even though this card is rather old, it is actually good for the job. I can't get it to work though.

I tried mining with "eth -m 1 -G -a ...address..." and got the error that the DAG could not be loaded into the memory. So I got ethminer to see how much memory is available using "ethminer -G --opencl-device 0". Result: 1490026496 bytes (1.4GB). Which is not enough for the 2GB DAG. I tried setting GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT as suggested in this discussion, though this appears to have no effect at all on the available memory.

Is it possible to get mining to work with my card? I read some things suggestion it is, though also found something implying the DAG size was increased at some point.

Comments

or to comment.