Top Posts

how to mine bitcoins solo device reported problems code 43 msi r9 280x gaming 3gb pci express x1 card slot 4 pin molex to 6 pin pci-e power supply gold vs bronze sapphire r9 280x vapor x drivers amd driver stopped responding successfully recovered pcie x1 to pcie x16 adapter amd driver crashed and recovered radeon r9 290x power requirements asus display driver stopped responding msi motherboard how to enter bios molex to sata power cable adapter amd driver has stopped working and successfully recovered how much bandwidth does wow use how to mine bitcoins on android the system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first asus p8z77 v lx drivers couldn t find any package by regex disable driver signature enforcement windows 7 display amd driver stopped responding and has recovered how to use power supply without motherboard pci to pci express adapter card what is the difference between 2gb and 4gb pci-e pci express 16x riser card extender convert bitcoin to usd paypal how to connect molex to 6 pin 6 pin molex power connector how to make your own custom rom sapphire toxic r9 280x 3gb pny gtx 770 4gb oc do i need pcie 3.0 power supply for r9 280x 6 pin video card power adapter

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mining using a Radeon HD 7850

JeroenDeDauwJeroenDeDauw Member Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in Mining
I have a Radeon HD 7850 card, which has 2GB of DDR5 and would like to try some mining. (Ubuntu 15.10 x64.) Looking at , it seems like even though this card is rather old, it is actually good for the job. I can't get it to work though.

I tried mining with "eth -m 1 -G -a ...address..." and got the error that the DAG could not be loaded into the memory. So I got ethminer to see how much memory is available using "ethminer -G --opencl-device 0". Result: 1490026496 bytes (1.4GB). Which is not enough for the 2GB DAG. I tried setting GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT as suggested in this discussion, though this appears to have no effect at all on the available memory.

Is it possible to get mining to work with my card? I read some things suggestion it is, though also found something implying the DAG size was increased at some point.

Comments

or to comment.