Top Posts

local variable referenced before assignment google has detected unusual traffic amd driver has stopped responding and recovered 4 pin molex to usb adapter pcie x1 to pcie x16 adapter asic miner block erupter usb how to use msi after burner single molex to 6 pin sapphire dual-x r9 280x 3gb amd driver has stopped working and successfully recovered referenceerror require is not defined javascript power supply for r9 280x msi fast boot windows 7 pci express x1 card slot amd display adapter stopped working ga 990fxa ud3 rev 4 how to install exe in ubuntu referenceerror require is not defined javascript is jacque fresco still alive which pci express slot to use for graphics card xfx radeon hd 6950 1gb what is the purpose of the 4 pin molex connector how to boot from usb msi motherboard can you turn paypal into cash pcie x1 to pcie x16 adapter asus z87 pro lga 1150 motherboard difference between pcie and pci express 650 or 750 watt psu what is the difference between wifi and ethernet is mining bitcoins worth it how to update bios amd display driver amd has stopped working and successfully recovered amd driver has stopped working and recovered could not find windowssdkdir variable from the registry display driver stopped responding amd external psu for graphics card

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low hashrate with GTX 770

wompwomp Member Posts: 5
I'm running a GeForce GTX 770, which runs the benchmark successfully at about ~11MH/s, which is what I'd expect from this card.

But when I actually start mining (with ethminer -G) it only hashes at just under ~2.1 MH/s.

I'm running Windows 10. I've seen some posts in the CUDA miner thread about rolling back the NVidia drivers to 347.52, which I've done, but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions besides "roll back to Win 7" (currently not an option....)

Comments

• ksukhinksukhin Member Posts: 150
    Still having the issue?
  • wompwomp Member Posts: 5
    Yep. I updated the drivers back to the latest version and rebuilt the DAG and the latest drivers actually doubled my hashrate, so It's around 4Mh/s now.... but my understanding is that it should be around 10-11Mh/s.

I'm hoping that Genoil's CUDA miner will eventually support Compute 3.0 cards (which the GTX 770 is) and it will free up the hashrate, but until then I'm just leaving it as is - nothing seems to get it working faster :(
  • macmac Member Posts: 1
    I also have a GTX770, the problem is windows 10, I only got 4-5mh/s too

In windows 7 it hashes at 15mh/s
  • philakonephilakone Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
    I want you guys to understand something! Listen up!

Your innermean hashrate when you benchmark is a SMALL sample. The one you're looking at hashing is a VERY SMALL sample too guys.

You need to hash for hours to get a consistent average. Here is my live hash with my HD 7970 for example:

It fluctuates up and down SO much. Sometimes hashing 5, sometimes hashing 50.

I was very worried about my video cards not giving me the proper hash as well, but get a huge sample over time first before you worry.

The BEST DRIVER is 347.52. You MUST use this drive if you are hoping for the highest Nvidia hashrate. If you're not, do not expect a fix or a similar hash rate.
  • AGmRAGmR Member Posts: 3
    philakone said:

I want you guys to understand something! Listen up!

Your innermean hashrate when you benchmark is a SMALL sample. The one you're looking at hashing is a VERY SMALL sample too guys.

You need to hash for hours to get a consistent average. Here is my live hash with my HD 7970 for example:

It fluctuates up and down SO much. Sometimes hashing 5, sometimes hashing 50.

I was very worried about my video cards not giving me the proper hash as well, but get a huge sample over time first before you worry.

The BEST DRIVER is 347.52. You MUST use this drive if you are hoping for the highest Nvidia hashrate. If you're not, do not expect a fix or a similar hash rate.

So u think The BEST DRIVER is 347.52 with win 7 till right now (372.70) ?
  • Sequoia93Sequoia93 Member Posts: 130
    You can run on win10 just as fast as win7.

It will work with Claymore 6.4
    You just have to replace the miner.exe with the one from the "cuda6.5" folder. And continue using 347.52.
  • AGmRAGmR Member Posts: 3
    Sequoia93 said:

You can run on win10 just as fast as win7.

It will work with Claymore 6.4
    You just have to replace the miner.exe with the one from the "cuda6.5" folder. And continue using 347.52.

Frist this miner its cool but have shit thing>>

This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 1% for nyoc-only mining mode (-mode 1) and 2% for nyoc+Decred mining mode (-mode 0), every hour the miner mines for 36 or 72 seconds for developer.
    Decred is mined without developer fee. If you don't agree with the dev fee - don't use this miner.

Second i tried it & also just got around 2.7 MH/s with cuda6.5 + 347.52 on win 10 :/

• Sequoia93Sequoia93 Member Posts: 130
    @AGmR hmm, with a 6xx series card i guess i'm not really sure. I would try older drivers from after when it first came out. Other than that, maybe it needs to use an older version of CUDA, in which case you're out of luck unfortunately.
  • remek4x4remek4x4 Republic of PolandMember Posts: 76
    I've got 780 on Windows 10, tried everything to make it run like on Windows 7 (19Mh/s), but nothing worked, abandon all hope, never made it above 8Mh/s :)
  • EtarEtar Member Posts: 45
    mac said:

I also have a GTX770, the problem is windows 10, I only got 4-5mh/s too

In windows 7 it hashes at 15mh/s

with Etarminer 770 have 19MH/s on Win7, on win10 i dont know.
or to comment.