How to mine using android ?

unf0rg0tt3nunf0rg0tt3n Member Posts: 9
Hi all,
I'm new on this forum and mining using my pc at a little 25MH/s
I wanted to start mining using my android device which has a octacore CPU.

How is that possible or is it even possible ?

With kind regards,

Comments

• CryptuxCryptux Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    It might be possible in the future as Android is based on Linux but nothing as of now, also by that time difficulty is so high even your PC will struggle.
  • blueboxbluebox Member Posts: 181 ✭✭
    Your PC with GPU(s) is probably netting you about 1/2 ETH per day, give/take.

I have a dual octocore Xeon E5-26xx 2.8GHz system that barely breaks 1MH/s (benchmark, not real-world), which wouldn't net a half ETH in weeks of mining.

The fastest ARM chip available today (currently the Apple A9x) still barely meets Intel Atom-based processor speeds, still faster than the latest snapdragon octocore, all of which pale in comparison to workstation/server Xeons (even my older one).

And if you're thinking the GPU on that phone can hash, think again. All I've seen rated on mobile gpu's is pixel rate, so... the top mobile octocore gpu barely pushes a few Mpixel/s; PC cards push dozens of Gpixels/s. Since pixel rate is an indicator of overall core/memory/bandwidth performance, no contest there either.

Sure you want to try mining on a mobile phone? ;)

• unf0rg0tt3nunf0rg0tt3n Member Posts: 9
    bluebox said:

Your PC with GPU(s) is probably netting you about 1/2 ETH per day, give/take.

I have a dual octocore Xeon E5-26xx 2.8GHz system that barely breaks 1MH/s (benchmark, not real-world), which wouldn't net a half ETH in weeks of mining.

The fastest ARM chip available today (currently the Apple A9x) still barely meets Intel Atom-based processor speeds, still faster than the latest snapdragon octocore, all of which pale in comparison to workstation/server Xeons (even my older one).

And if you're thinking the GPU on that phone can hash, think again. All I've seen rated on mobile gpu's is pixel rate, so... the top mobile octocore gpu barely pushes a few Mpixel/s; PC cards push dozens of Gpixels/s. Since pixel rate is an indicator of overall core/memory/bandwidth performance, no contest there either.

Sure you want to try mining on a mobile phone? ;)

Yes I am sure. Since my phone is at the wall adapter at night. And I am at work while day. I wouldn't mind my phone mining. Every little piece of ether is a piece of ether. Since my phone pushes 13 - 30 k hashes it's still a bit
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 533 ✭✭
    You will overheat your phone if you run it at full blast, and IMO not worth it.
  • blueboxbluebox Member Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    ~40MH/ETH/day
    40/.03=1333 days/ETH (3.65 years)
    In one month you'd have a grand total of .02ETH*$10/ETH = 20¢ (or ~.00005 BTC), assuming 24/7 mining, that you haven't used your phone as a phone, and it hasn't melted/caught fire.
  • unf0rg0tt3nunf0rg0tt3n Member Posts: 9
    Did Ltc mining using my phone. Worked great.
    No overheat and still acceptable payout. Assuming that I mine using a pool ;)
  • CryptuxCryptux Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    @unf0rg0tt3n yes if eth goes above 100$ even a toaster can mine profitably :+1:
  • ceddycakesceddycakes Member Posts: 70
    I've been using two old android phones to mine some stuff when I first got into mining(2 months ago). There are some apps for basically everything non-dagger. I currently use one of the phones to mine XMR while at the same time I'm using it as a wifi adapter for my rig and using the rigs cpu to mine XMR as well(with whatever little return I get. It's fun anyway).
or to comment.