Top Posts

write your own bitcoin miner what port does dameware use display driver not responding and has recovered amd ati radeon display driver stopped responding ati radeon display driver stopped responding molex to pcie 6 pin is xfx a good gpu brand molex to 6 pin pci steps to display information about memory using hwinfo corsair 450w vx series psu 6 pin sata power connector bitcoin mining rate of return amd display driver stopped responding ati radeon hd 6970 drivers sata to 8 pin pcie event id 137 kernel power evga gtx 770 sc 4gb sata to molex power adapter molex to sata power connector display driver stop responding and has recovered peer to peer lending forum 6 pin sata power cable nvidia geforce gtx 560m benchmark attempted execute of no execute memory amd radeon r9 series graphics pcie mini to pcie adapter difference between 4gb and 8gb amd driver keeps crashing and recovering linux zip command not found asus display driver stopped responding msi motherboard how to enter bios amd driver keeps crashing and recovering ati radeon hd 6950 drivers sapphire radeon r9 290 tri x atikmdag sys blue screen windows 7

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 ways Crossfire rx 480 for mining ?

imperialteximperialtex Member Posts: 100
I'll buy 3 radeon rx480 for mining ETH.
My question:
_should i use a crossfire bridge for my system ?? What card will I connect with ? First, second, third ???
How about active crossfire for mining ?
How many Mh/s ( 3 rx 480 )

Thank for reading.

Comments

• BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Crossfire is irrelevant for mining, as is the use of 16X PCI slots, you can use 1X to 16X risers, as long as they work :), although using 16X slots directly is fine.
  • imperialteximperialtex Member Posts: 100
    Biodom said:

Crossfire is irrelevant for mining, as is the use of 16X PCI slots, you can use 1X to 16X risers, as long as they work :), although using 16X slots directly is fine.

How about displayport ??? What card will I connect??? First card - second - ... Or mainboard ?
  • cscheatcscheat Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Biodom said:

How about displayport ??? What card will I connect??? First card - second - ... Or mainboard ?
    connect to the 1st card will do.

Disable xcrossfire
    cscheat said:

Biodom said:

Disable xcrossfire

I know that disable crossfire but ... How about Crossfire Bridge ???? Should i use it to connect all of them ?
    Biodom said:

will it work with 8x ?
    edited August 2016

Not 100% sure, but isn't 8X slot shorter?
    You can definetly put most of 1X to 16X risers on it (you can put a 1X to 16X riser even on 16X slot), but how could you fit 16X card in a shorter slot? As long as slot is shorter, it won't work because the card won't fit.
    No crossfire bridge, just forget about crossfire alltogether. This is NOT gaming.
    Biodom said:

Not 100% sure, but isn't 8X slot shorter?
    You can definetly put most of 1X to 16X risers on it (you can put a 1X to 16X riser even on 16X slot), but how could you fit 16X card in a shorter slot? As long as slot is shorter, it won't work because the card won't fit.
    No crossfire bridge, just forget about crossfire alltogether. This is NOT gaming.
    No, Gigabyte z170x gaming 7. They have two 3.0 8x slot. It's like 16x slot, you can fit them together, but i'm not sure will it run 100% or not. Somebody told me i can run with 2 way sli or crossfire.

Will it need scrossfire bridge for mining ??? ( disable crossfire )
    edited August 2016
    1. best decision would be to return that $210 mobo and get $65-71 Asrock H97 anniversary.
    2. Slot 1151 is for more expensive/newer processors; H97 can accomodate G3258 or even G1840 on LGA 1150. G3258 is PLENTY for mining.
    3. I see that all slots have the same length, so it should be fine (4X, 8X or 16X do not matter in this context).
    4. Don't need to use SLI or crossfire bridge. This is the last time I am talking about this here :/
    5. people report that this mobo is acting screwy in mining sometimes, hence a suggestion to return it and replace with H97 anniversary or H81 pro btc
    Biodom said:

1. best decision would be to return that $210 mobo and get $65-71 Asrock H97 anniversary.
    2. Slot 1151 is for more expensive/newer processors; H97 can accomodate G3258 or even G1840 on LGA 1150. G3258 is PLENTY for mining.
    3. I see that all slots have the same length, so it should be fine (4X, 8X or 16X do not matter in this context).
    4. Don't need to use SLI or crossfire bridge. This is the last time I am talking about this here :/
    5. people report that this mobo is acting screwy in mining sometimes, hence a suggestion to return it and replace with H97 anniversary or H81 pro btc

Thank you so much bro. Very helpful for me.
    have a good day bro :blush:
  • cscheatcscheat Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

cscheat said:

Biodom said:

Disable xcrossfire

I know that disable crossfire but ... How about Crossfire Bridge ???? Should i use it to connect all of them ?
    no need crosffire bridge for new cards
or to comment.