Top Posts

is xfx a good gpu brand pcie x1 to pci adapter what does ipc pos de mean display driver stopped responding has recovered molex 4 pin to 6 pin msi afterburner unlock voltage control asic miner block erupter usb critical error kernel power 41 63 amd a8 6600k dual graphics how to turn on atx psu without motherboard dual amd firepro d700 gpus no amd graphics driver is installed molex to sata power cable adapter pci slot vs pci express disable startup repair windows 7 how to mount a motherboard msi motherboard how to enter bios sudo apt get install fglrx dual amd firepro d700 gpu radeon r9 270x power supply aluminum angle iron home depot thread stuck in device driver error r9 280x vapor x overclock casper the friendly ghost wiki msi motherboard boot menu key how to fix thread stuck in device driver how to check gpu bios version msi afterburner download windows 7 amd display driver has stopped responding sapphire r9 280x dual-x oc how do you convert bitcoin to cash

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(solved) Where are nyoc blockchains stored on my Windows PC?

ytriusytrius Member Posts: 26
I have run multiple nyoc programs, mist, nyoc wallet, geth.exe, and I can't seem to find where these applications are storing the blockchain data. I have a feeling that some of them have duplicate copies of the blockchain and taking up way too much space. Could it be the hardfork has caused some of my programs to use different chains? I really want to clear the mess and just stick with ETH. My wallet for example is running very sluggishly (I can't even get it to load the blockchain) and I'm having disk space issues. I would like to uninstall everything and start fresh but I don't want to lose my wallet address's and I don't know where they are either. I'm much more familiar with bitcoin storage structure but nyoc is a little different. Thanks for any help.

I backed up my address's from the keystores file under the nyoc folder which, in Windows, is stored at C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Ethereum .
My hard drive layout is a smaller SSD for C drive and a larger HDD for main storage drive. The nifty thing I found is to put a link at that location to some other folder where the files actually go (such as on my HDD). I backed up my keys, deleted all nyoc files, created a link between the default location and the location on my HDD drive where I want the blockchain stored, and redownloading the new hard-forked chain.
Post edited by ytrius on
or to comment.