Top Posts

where did the name wikipedia come from command line tools for mac 6-pin pcie to molex power adapter display driver stopped working and has recovered difference between 4gb and 8gb sudo apt get install software properties common asus republic of gamers forum graphics card slot on motherboard graphic card slot on motherboard whats faster wifi or ethernet there should be censorship for blogging apply overclock at system startup virtual memory for 8gb ram graphic card compatible with motherboard 4 pin molex to 6 pin pci express no amd driver is installed msi motherboard how to enter bios pci express slot graphics card pci to pci express x16 adapter run batch file on startup how do you convert bitcoin to cash connect power switch to motherboard graphics card 6 pin power connector 128 bit vs 256 bit video card power supply bronze silver gold platinum 4 pin molex to 6 pin pcie power adapter 6 pin molex power connector pci express x4 graphics card bitcoin mining return on investment kernel power critical error 41 task 63 graphic card for gigabyte motherboard power supply connectors on motherboard pci express x1 card in x16 slot

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remote Access to a Windows 10 rig.

ShawnYShawnY Member Posts: 58
Hi guys!
I am running a single rig of 6x Rx480s on Windows10.

Will like some suggestions on remote accessing your rigs from a remote location.
What I have experienced is that after rebooting the rig and accessing it remotely with Windows Remote Desktop, I am unable to start my miner to start mining with 6cards. ( I am using Claymore Dual miner 5.3)

It always starts with only 1 card. I have to be physically at the rig, log into Windows and run the exact same Bat file in order to run properly with 6 cards.

Any nice suggestions to alternate Remote monitoring software?

Comments

• Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    TightVNC viewer works great
  • EfterlysTEfterlysT Member Posts: 99

team viewer/remote desktop/

+1 teamviewer works great from remote pc or mobile application
  • MakefinityMakefinity Makefinity.comMember Posts: 11
    I prefer to use VNC, because for me TeamViewer isn't secure enough. You can also make VNC more secure, when you use it with the SSH. You can find a lot of information in the internet about that.
  • dddrgonzooodddrgonzooo Member Posts: 145 ✭✭
    I just have a bat file that runs on startup to set the proper variables and start mining. I also have the computer restart every three hours, and set the bios to restart on power failure.

The only thing I need to do remotely is turn the power on and off, and I have a smart switch that I can control from my phone.
  • banzsoltbanzsolt Member Posts: 41
    @dddrgonzooo how did you managed to set up the task scheduler? I have been playing with the automatic startup today but somehow it does not work for me.

Did you created a separate batchfile (that does some extra steps) or you just call the one that start up the miner with the settings you want?

I am calling the batch that sets the settings but somehow it is not working:

Am I missing something?
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Google Chrome Remote Desktop works well for me
    @banzsolt I run only when user is logged in, set the event to restart and under select program to run I put the path to my batch file that has all the setx variables and claymore startup.

Then I have a second bat file with a reboot command, and I schedule another task to execute every three hours. This is probably overkill but works well for my setup.
  • banzsoltbanzsolt Member Posts: 41
    @dddrgonzooo and you made your system to auto log in? or how is the process starting up then?
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    @dddrgonzooo make sure your Windows10 default account doesn't have a password, that way it will boot straight into windows without having to enter a password. I'm not really bothered about local security on my rigs, because there's no sensitive information on them.
  • YogiYogi Member Posts: 147 ✭✭
    my experience is you can't run any miner or miner spawned from a process run in rdp (even tried a delayed BAT file and spawned a seperate timed process) as RDP uses generic display adapter which essentially disables multi card mining.

VNC or Chrome RDP both work well.
    Still thinking about how I can have remoting when using signature disabled drivers in win10.
    Can;t think of an option though at the moment and think it's going to stay that way untill auto sig check disabled in win10 is a thing.

When i get back from france I will have a play around. have 42 rx470's to get up and running.
  • ShawnYShawnY Member Posts: 58

I prefer to use VNC, because for me TeamViewer isn't secure enough. You can also make VNC more secure, when you use it with the SSH. You can find a lot of information in the internet about that.

Nice suggestions, guys! Gonna try out TightVNC!
    Yogi said:

my experience is you can't run any miner or miner spawned from a process run in rdp (even tried a delayed BAT file and spawned a seperate timed process) as RDP uses generic display adapter which essentially disables multi card mining.

VNC or Chrome RDP both work well.
    Still thinking about how I can have remoting when using signature disabled drivers in win10.
    Can;t think of an option though at the moment and think it's going to stay that way untill auto sig check disabled in win10 is a thing.

When i get back from france I will have a play around. have 42 rx470's to get up and running.

That's exactly what was happening, gonna try out both TightVnC and Chrome Remote as we speak.
  • oakey22oakey22 Member Posts: 50
    I use windows remote desktop on windows 10. Set the user to not ask for password when local logins and by remote desktop it asks for the password
    @banzsolt Yes no password so it logs into the account on restart.
or to comment.