How does the Newegg "Limit one or two" per customer work?

adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
I want to get more GPUs, I already ordered 2x of the MSI which was the limit. Can I make another order or will they decline it?

Comments

• homerklezhomerklez Member Posts: 13
    It'll get auto declined, you can purchase two like every 48 hours or so (it says in the decline notice). You can purchase different RX 480 skus, just not the same one.
  • patrik2patrik2 Member Posts: 156 ✭✭
    48 hrs buying time limit -- every 48 hrs you are considered as a new customer!
  • Sequoia93Sequoia93 Member Posts: 130
    @adaseb Lucky for you I actually read all the fine print regarding Newegg's order limits.

If you're looking to get around this, you need to use different newegg accounts and they have to be shipped to different addresses.

You can ship to a nieghbor's/friend's place or your workplace. I also have mai lforwarding setup from a previous address, so that works as well. What I do not recall specifically is if you can use the same card for payment. I might have used a mix of credit/debit cards in the past, or of course, you can pay with btc!
  • dolemitedolemite Member Posts: 19
    Pick up the phone and ask them to increase the limit :)
  • dddrgonzooodddrgonzooo Member Posts: 145 ✭✭
    Sequoia93 said:

@adaseb Lucky for you I actually read all the fine print regarding Newegg's order limits.

If you're looking to get around this, you need to use different newegg accounts and they have to be shipped to different addresses.

You can ship to a nieghbor's/friend's place or your workplace. I also have mai lforwarding setup from a previous address, so that works as well. What I do not recall specifically is if you can use the same card for payment. I might have used a mix of credit/debit cards in the past, or of course, you can pay with btc!

I didn't read, and after ordering (same thing I ordered the day before when it was back in stock) I got the cancellation confirmation right after.
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    ha ha, you guys managed to weasel so many orders out of newegg by fake accounts that they reneged on a single GPU order of mine.

newegg charged the card, then sent some bs about not having the stock at fulfillment time :/
  • d3stranged3strange Member Posts: 26
    I tried ordering another 'limit 1 per customer' item the day after ordering the first. Paid with BTC and it went through but got a message saying something to the effect of "only one permitted every 48 hours try again in the future".

Reordered today and all seems well.
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    d3strange said:

I tried ordering another 'limit 1 per customer' item the day after ordering the first. Paid with BTC and it went through but got a message saying something to the effect of "only one permitted every 48 hours try again in the future".

That;s what I am worried about since I am paying with BTC. So if your order is cancelled how do you get your BTC back?
  • patrik2patrik2 Member Posts: 156 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    adaseb said:

d3strange said:

That;s what I am worried about since I am paying with BTC. So if your order is cancelled how do you get your BTC back?
    Yes, in form of a gift card for the same amount (USD, of course)
  • d3stranged3strange Member Posts: 26
    patrik2 said:

adaseb said:

d3strange said:

Yes, in form of a gift card for the same amount (USD, of course)
    This is right, got a gift card in USD. Exactly covered the mount of the card when I went back to repurchase so it was even steven.
or to comment.