Remote Access to a Windows 10 rig.

ShawnYShawnY Member Posts: 58
Hi guys!
I am running a single rig of 6x Rx480s on Windows10.

Will like some suggestions on remote accessing your rigs from a remote location.
What I have experienced is that after rebooting the rig and accessing it remotely with Windows Remote Desktop, I am unable to start my miner to start mining with 6cards. ( I am using Claymore Dual miner 5.3)

It always starts with only 1 card. I have to be physically at the rig, log into Windows and run the exact same Bat file in order to run properly with 6 cards.

Any nice suggestions to alternate Remote monitoring software?

Comments

• Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    TightVNC viewer works great
  • EfterlysTEfterlysT Member Posts: 99

team viewer/remote desktop/

+1 teamviewer works great from remote pc or mobile application
  • MakefinityMakefinity Makefinity.comMember Posts: 11
    I prefer to use VNC, because for me TeamViewer isn't secure enough. You can also make VNC more secure, when you use it with the SSH. You can find a lot of information in the internet about that.
  • dddrgonzooodddrgonzooo Member Posts: 145 ✭✭
    I just have a bat file that runs on startup to set the proper variables and start mining. I also have the computer restart every three hours, and set the bios to restart on power failure.

The only thing I need to do remotely is turn the power on and off, and I have a smart switch that I can control from my phone.
  • banzsoltbanzsolt Member Posts: 41
    @dddrgonzooo how did you managed to set up the task scheduler? I have been playing with the automatic startup today but somehow it does not work for me.

Did you created a separate batchfile (that does some extra steps) or you just call the one that start up the miner with the settings you want?

I am calling the batch that sets the settings but somehow it is not working:

Am I missing something?
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Google Chrome Remote Desktop works well for me
    @banzsolt I run only when user is logged in, set the event to restart and under select program to run I put the path to my batch file that has all the setx variables and claymore startup.

Then I have a second bat file with a reboot command, and I schedule another task to execute every three hours. This is probably overkill but works well for my setup.
  • banzsoltbanzsolt Member Posts: 41
    @dddrgonzooo and you made your system to auto log in? or how is the process starting up then?
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    @dddrgonzooo make sure your Windows10 default account doesn't have a password, that way it will boot straight into windows without having to enter a password. I'm not really bothered about local security on my rigs, because there's no sensitive information on them.
  • YogiYogi Member Posts: 147 ✭✭
    my experience is you can't run any miner or miner spawned from a process run in rdp (even tried a delayed BAT file and spawned a seperate timed process) as RDP uses generic display adapter which essentially disables multi card mining.

VNC or Chrome RDP both work well.
    Still thinking about how I can have remoting when using signature disabled drivers in win10.
    Can;t think of an option though at the moment and think it's going to stay that way untill auto sig check disabled in win10 is a thing.

When i get back from france I will have a play around. have 42 rx470's to get up and running.
  • ShawnYShawnY Member Posts: 58

I prefer to use VNC, because for me TeamViewer isn't secure enough. You can also make VNC more secure, when you use it with the SSH. You can find a lot of information in the internet about that.

Nice suggestions, guys! Gonna try out TightVNC!
    Yogi said:

my experience is you can't run any miner or miner spawned from a process run in rdp (even tried a delayed BAT file and spawned a seperate timed process) as RDP uses generic display adapter which essentially disables multi card mining.

VNC or Chrome RDP both work well.
    Still thinking about how I can have remoting when using signature disabled drivers in win10.
    Can;t think of an option though at the moment and think it's going to stay that way untill auto sig check disabled in win10 is a thing.

When i get back from france I will have a play around. have 42 rx470's to get up and running.

That's exactly what was happening, gonna try out both TightVnC and Chrome Remote as we speak.
  • oakey22oakey22 Member Posts: 50
    I use windows remote desktop on windows 10. Set the user to not ask for password when local logins and by remote desktop it asks for the password
    @banzsolt Yes no password so it logs into the account on restart.
or to comment.